Silver tarnish is very common to happen , and will eventually happen over the years .
Reasons of quick tarnish:
- Silver exposure to direct sunlight , air , humidity and air pollution without being worn for a long time .
- Hair spray and perfumes .
- Moisture .
NB: Water does NOT affect the silver.
Tips to avoid Tarnish and Solutions:
- Store silver pieces in airtight bag or the box it came in .
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or light without being worn .
- Let dry perfumes and lotions applied on your skin before wearing the jewelry .
- For the products that are plated in platinum and gold, please avoid exposure to perfumes, and water .
- To keep your silver pieces shiny gently rub it with silver velvet cloth, it will help the piece to shine again however it will not remove scratches .
-For the sterling silver pieces you can re-shine it using calcium carbonate powder .
- Wash the silver piece with warm water .
- Apply the calcium carbonate powder on any old toothbrush and rub the silver piece .
- Wash the silver piece again with warm water .
- Let it dry on velvet cloth .
- Store the silver piece after being dried completely .
NB: This re shining way is NOT applied on the silver pieces that are plated .
– For the sterling silver pieces plated in platinum and gold / gold ,kindly send us an email on info@ annelsaban.com .
-In case of silver tarnish and you need to re-polish it from our side , kindly send us an email on info@ annelsaban.com .